Thursday, September 30, 2010

Strings are on

Having strings on the guitar will help me to make the pickguard. I was also kinda eager to check out how well the frets played. (They are nice).






















So, tonight I learned that the posts that came with the new bridge have a different thread than the inserts that were in the guitar. The new bridge also did not fit into the old posts. I could've either pulled out the old post inserts (by force, with a crow bar) or make the new bridge fit into the old posts. I opted for the latter. I grinded the bottom of the bridge on my belt sander until it fit. Don't worry, I only needed to take off about 1/2 mm.

Here it is.
















































The nut needs more work but it is mostly there.


















































The back of the peghead had a whole bunch of different holes on it for different kinds of tuners, used over the years. One set worked. I need to fill them in though, because they were sorta crooked. But it works for now.































I'm planning to make the peghead face glossy black.




















The pickguard doesn't fit now that the bridge is on, but that's the idea, to make it work with the other pieces in place. I also learned tonight that the pickguard doesn't fit under the bridge when the bridge is lowered enough to make the action playable. I'll have to adjust for that, too.
















No comments:

Post a Comment