Monday, December 20, 2010

Pickup cavity routed

After I attached the pickups to the pickguard, I discovered that the pickguard then didn't fit on the body very well. The pickups didn't exactly fit in the holes. On the neck pickup cavity, some of the wood touched the pickup, which turned out to be no problem, I just carved on it a little bit with a chisel.











The bridge pickup cavity, however, needed to be routed. It took me a little while to get it together in my refurbished workspace, but I put together a little jig made of clamps and scrap boards and then went to it. I should've taken a picture. It was kind of interesting-looking. Here's the end result.










And now the pickguard is finally flush with the body, and has pickups attached.






















Next, I'll do something about that finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment