Sunday, November 28, 2010

Acrylic lacquer

It was about 50 degrees today, so I walked out to the garage about 20 times throughout the day, and each time, put a coat of acrylic lacquer on the pickguard and the peghead.





























































I put that masking tape inside the pickup cavities so that lacquer wouldn't make them too small for the pickups to fit into them. I made the fit pretty snug.





















Acrylic lacquer dries pretty fast, so I figured I may as well remove the masking tape tonight to see how it all looks.































This will look a lot better still after I clean it up by sanding it.






























Wow, the pickguard turned out pretty darn good.















































So I went upstairs and then it occurred to me, duh, how I really should look and see how it looks with the pickguard on the body now!































Oooh....
















































Aaaaah....

















































































"Whoa, it used to just be an old brown scratchy guitar with a big ditch in the middle of it." - Dylan

No comments:

Post a Comment